JOIN SWAGBUCKS RIGHT NOW DOG-GONE-IT!!! You can get FREE Amazon Gift Cards!!!-- pam

Search & Win

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Does thou protest too much

My husband was a cool dude. He just was. He emanated cool. He wasn't flashy, he wasn't trying too hard, he was just cool. I learned a lot from him. I learned that you didn't have to shout your greatness, your genius, your wealth, your cool, you just had to be. Those people that tell you 'I'm really tough, I can kick your ass. Or I'm so smart my IQ is 160, or I make X dollars so I'm better than you.' Those people are posers. Their self esteem is dictated by their 'that'.

How you are, how you carry yourself, that's the cool.

And as my big bad cool dude used to say 'if you don't start any shit there won't be any shit'!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm jealous of the relationship. I'm sorry for your loss. You are a fabulous writer. You really paint a picture with your words.

I can really feel your heart. Thank you.

Unknown said...

Well said, Pam. I used to start a lot of shit. But these days, I'm making a conscious effort to only care about the opinion of those who sit at my dinner table and the rest of the time, to keep my head up, stay true to myself and be kind to everyone - even the ones trying to start shit :) It's actually quite freeing.