JOIN SWAGBUCKS RIGHT NOW DOG-GONE-IT!!! You can get FREE Amazon Gift Cards!!!-- pam

Search & Win

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Audacity of Hope

I can vividly, vividly remember Barack Obama's speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. THE AUDACITY OF HOPE!!! What profound words. The vivid pictures he painted in my mind. I remember thinking this young man is something, this young man is going somewhere, I hope this young man is not assassinated! Why would my mind stop in the rapture and think such a thing? Because in my lily white virginal world the good guys, the smart guys, the guys of color, do not get to power.

I also remember thinking he's attractive, he's tall, he's eloquent, he's real. You could tell, intuitively he had a great mind. And he was genuine. A genuine politician? Oxymoron? No, I don't think so. I believed this man. I believed this good, kind, smart, genuine man could lead us out of this shadow of death and destruction. And I believe it today.

What's troubling me is my first impression. Can someone so bold, so great, so new, so full of audacity as to espouse hope, live to make all of our dreams come true?

YES a resounding YES!!!

No comments: