JOIN SWAGBUCKS RIGHT NOW DOG-GONE-IT!!! You can get FREE Amazon Gift Cards!!!-- pam

Search & Win

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Bobo update

Went in and got the stitches out today.  Bobo was not.a.fan!!!  It seems this vet had tied the stitches a bit too tight and she had to use forceps and scissors to get most of them out. And it was owie to him.

You see he was asleep when she put them in but not so much when she took them out.  And she wanted him on the table so I had to wrangle him as still as I could so she could work.  Our vet in Florida always worked with the dogs on the floor and that's what I asked her to do.  She said he'd be more relaxed on the table.  I said I don't fink so.  But I let her talk me into it and my baby was just shaking. He came home exhausted and I came home pissed at myself for going along!

WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR A NEW VET!!!

8 comments:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

YES !! Why is it that Doctors... of every specialty... think they know everything... the ONE thing MOST of them DO know is... how to make it EASY for THEM ... not to mention making more money by doing everything that speeds things up so they can make MORE money.
I am sure there is a V E T out there who will fit your needs.
Sorry this went so bad for Bobo.

Moose said...

Poor Bobo! I Have gone along with suggestions like that and been pissed at myself after so I understand. Moose does not fit on the table so that is not our problem but I can understand. On the otherhand I felt our former vet was not as thorough because moose was on the floor and harder to reach so if the vet had to work out of her element maybe she would have been rougher on him so maybe you made the right call. In my case the cursory exams were not acceptable so we found a new vet. I am not saying you should, but if this adds to a list of annoyances with that vet maybe so.
Glad it is over though! Sounds like a rough day!

Raising Addie said...

OMD poor Bobo!!! He really going to have some good battle scars!

That is ridiculous that she insisted he be on the table!

I'm with you. I would be looking for a new vet. It took me a long time to find Dr. Johnson and I would not trade him for anything. I hope you find someone good that shows that they care for your pups. Bet you could find a good one in Colorado... :)

Lots of Luv & Kisses
Addie, Lucie and Hailey

Achieve1dream said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Oceanside Animals said...

Yup, we would be looking for a new vet too. At least the stitches are out!

Dexter said...

I think that vet might be a bit of a doofus. I'm just sayin. Putting you on the table and all. You should have had a nice comfy pillow on the floor. I hope you are all better now.

Slobbers,
Mango

The 'splorin' Wolfies said...

love ya Bobo, mean it!

Anonymous said...

Poor baby! A new vet definately is in order!!!! What a drag for both of you!