JOIN SWAGBUCKS RIGHT NOW DOG-GONE-IT!!! You can get FREE Amazon Gift Cards!!!-- pam

Search & Win

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Love note from Mommy

My parents died when I was very young. I was eight when daddy died, twelve when mom died. My sister and I went through several family members then foster families. They all wanted the money they would get from having us.

I am at a crossroads. I'm in the position to foster and want to badly. I've always thought if I won the lottery I would build foster homes with a mom and dad and maybe three foster kids so they would grow up in a family and know what love is. I'd have homes like that all over the country.

I haven't won the lottery and probably won't soon cause I hear you have to play to win, but could I start small and foster one?

These questions are eating at me tonight...

4 comments:

Raising Addie said...

Hello there!

If you are in the position to foster one, we say go for it!

The difference that you will make in a child's life is priceless. Don't wait a moment longer!

You have our support!

Chasing my tale...
Addie, Lucie, Hailey and Staci

Dexter said...

What a difficult decision. You will just have to try it and see what happens. I know it will be scary, but I agree with Addie that you can make a huge difference.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Mango Momma

happypitbull said...

I'm in no position to give you specific advice re: kids... but it's my general feeling that even seemingly small acts of kindness like fostering one child or donating a few bucks toward a cause or volunteering for a few hours a month are actually very important. So if you think you have the money, time, patience, lifestyle etc. to foster, then go for it. It may seem like a little thing, but it will make a big difference to the kid you foster.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing. I raised my sisters 3 kids after she died 14 years ago.